• Sign In
  • Create Account

Did you vote today?

Did you know we depend on your votes? Please Vote! http://goo.gl/RsLpq Vote Often!

Photo

Why Have Password Adding Perms Been Taken Away From Paying Customers?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

emoguy459

emoguy459

Newbie+

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Steam Name:Kazma
  • Players Head: :

emoguy459

I was just wondering why when I logged on teamspeak today to find out that I can no longer make passwords for any of my channels. I am just wondering why and I am not trying to start anything. I am just concerned about why some who has paid for diplo can't make passwords on there channels anymore. 

Edit: This is a petition for passwords to be added back (https://www.change.o...to-our-channels)

Edited by emoguy459, 07 January 2017 - 07:18 PM.

That one dude. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Garen%2Bdance.gif

DisturbdGuy

DisturbdGuy

Bemused Observer

• Server Admin
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Players Head: :

DisturbdGuy

From Bambam, who is one of our TS admins: "Users on Teamspeak cannot create user channels with passwords anymore. The idea is to allow players to have people to talk to when they log on. Right now all the players just remain in their locked channels."

In short, we want our gaming community to be just that... a community. Players hiding in locked channels with their small groups of friends diminishes that and just leads to schoolyard "clique" behavior. In an effort to reduce that, we removed user-created channels and passwords. We hope our existing players will take this opportunity to be diplomats not just in name, but in their actions (chatting with new and existing players alike to have fun together).

As for the "paying customer" comment, please don't misunderstand. We appreciate our donators, without whom we would not be able to maintain the servers and would likely need to cut back on what we offer quite a bit. However, user channels were a nice "extra," but one which needed to be reconsidered upon seeing how people were using them. They were never guaranteed.

• Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
  • -Voltaire

[18:20] dravekx - When Disturbed talks... I feel like I'm staring at a Harvard professor making sense about s**t that doesnt make sense.

c4jt321.png

• Will we die... just a little?