• Sign In
  • Create Account

Did you vote today?

Did you know we depend on your votes? Please Vote! http://goo.gl/RsLpq Vote Often!

Photo

No Man's Sky

awesome cool weird

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

DisturbdGuy

DisturbdGuy

Bemused Observer

• Server Admin
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Players Head: :

DisturbdGuy

So... I don't even know where to begin. I've been playing it since PC launch a couple of days ago. It's my new addiction. I could rant about all the things I enjoy about it, but that would take too long. Instead, I'ma post some stuff that annoys me, and (if I remember) post replies to them if/when they're patched.

• Space weapon glitch - When flying your starship, some weapons glitch and either fire backwards, or self-target (hit your own ship). So far I've almost blown myself up, and accidentally started a small interstellar war between myself and another faction. I can't really tell what starts it, but it may be the not-so-rare occurrence when one hits the pulse boost (increase speed) while firing at the same time.

• Limited space weapons - Basically you have something like a laser machine gun, or a solid-beam/heavy-hitting laser. That and ramming things. I'd like a missile option, at least. Perhaps a rail gun like Halo's MAC cannons.

• Limited ground weapons - Again; mining laser, boltcaster (laser machine gun) and grenades. You can modify them to do better damage or higher fire rate, but that's about it. I get that the sheer amount of stuff in this game means that there had to be a limit somewhere, but options in how one interacts with the world is kind of a thing for me.

• Lag spikes - The. Worst. Problem. Period. When one of these hit, your frame-rate dies to half-time, stop-motion animation. And you can't "save" unless you 1) enter and exit your ship 2) use a beacon. And forget it if you're not near one of those two things; you'll be sitting there holding down the "walk forward" button for a while. When you are in space, it won't save unless you jump systems (and that animation also takes time) or land and exit your ship.

Has anyone else been playing? What sort of experiences have you had? Give anything any crazy names yet?

aJRbpe1.png

• Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
  • -Voltaire

[18:20] dravekx - When Disturbed talks... I feel like I'm staring at a Harvard professor making sense about s**t that doesnt make sense.

c4jt321.png

• Will we die... just a little?

emoguy459

emoguy459

Newbie+

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Steam Name:Kazma

emoguy459

I wish I had that game it looks so fun!!!

That one dude. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Garen%2Bdance.gif

mumblerit

mumblerit

MuttsWorld Extravaganzor

• Administrators
  • 2,649 posts

mumblerit

it needs more to justify the 60$ tag, good graphics bumps it up to 40 or so, it needs some more content

yQkaVeM.gif

“If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed. It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed.” ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

DisturbdGuy

DisturbdGuy

Bemused Observer

• Server Admin
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationUnited States

DisturbdGuy

it needs more to justify the 60$ tag, good graphics bumps it up to 40 or so, it needs some more content

I don't disagree, with the price point or the content point. However, something about it ensures I'ma give it the benefit of the doubt and hold on to hope that they'll patch in new things.

• Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
  • -Voltaire

[18:20] dravekx - When Disturbed talks... I feel like I'm staring at a Harvard professor making sense about s**t that doesnt make sense.

c4jt321.png

• Will we die... just a little?

ankaron

ankaron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I would by starry sky just because the art is preeeeety And apparently most games are not regionalised like the used to be. Why did no one tell me >: I could have been playing American games I couldnt get here. Woot.